WE’VE BEEN NOMINATED FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD!!!!!
If you’re a noob like me and don’t know what a Liebster Award is, lemme give you the quick 411.
A Liebster award is an award on the internet that is given to bloggers by other, fellow members of the blogging community. I think it’s a great initiative as it helps garner recognition and traffic for new bloggers such as myself, while simultaneously building a sense of community among bloggers.
Give below are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1.Write a blog post about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and, optionally, include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post.
- Nominate other new bloggers who you think deserve this award and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blog post.
Hold on! I know what you’re thinking. “Who would nominate this weirdo for an award?” One, I don’t blame you 🙂 Two, lemme answer that for you.
We’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by an extremely witty and downright hilarious blogger Hamish Joy 🙂 You can follow this link to read some of his awesome sauce content and be wowed forever.
Thanks buddy, you’re the real MVP.
Also, answering a few questions is a key part to accepting the nomination, so let’s jump right into it shall we? Let’s hope that my answers are not as horrible as the ones I present in an exam.
- What is the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
That’s probably one of the hardest questions I’ve been asked, second to, “Tell me something about yourself.”
Once upon a very long time ago, I had watched this Bollywood movie called ‘Love aaj kal’ where the two leads ride on top of a taxi. It looked weird so I tried it. Let’s just say, it ended with me falling off the cab, being badly bruised but putting on a brave front and being beaten up by my mom.
- What is a movie/ book/ band/ singer you’re ashamed of liking?
I think I’m past the phase of being ashamed of my choices, but back in high school, I was ashamed to like Nicki Minaj. I think I was embarrassed because it was considered cool to bash her, and I wanted to feel included and show that I had “great” music taste. But now, when someone tells me I have bad music taste because I love Nicki, I wear it like a badge of honor. “Haters gon’ hate!”
- What is your biggest weakness?
My biggest weakness and biggest strength is the fact that I forgive easily. I think forgiveness is a double edged sword. On one hand, people may mistake your forgiving and benevolent nature for weakness and try to take advantage of you. On the other hand, forgiving others does give me a sense of inner calm and peace. #feelingblessed 🙂
- If a woodchuck couldn’t chuck wood, why should it be called a woodchuck?
Brb, spending the rest of my life thinking about it
- If you could travel back in time to any time for a day, where/when would you go?
Maybe I would travel back in time, tomorrow, to today and probably change some of my answers J But real talk, I would not like to travel back in time. The past is behind us for a reason. However if I could travel ahead in time, I would want to travel to tomorrow to be amazed by what challenges and rewards the next sunrise may bring to me.
- Which was the last meal you really liked, that you did not regret having later on?
There are barely any meals that I do not regret having. But if I were to pick one, it would probably be the salad I had last year. Yeah, call me a fitness guru.
- How did you name your blog/ site? What’s the story behind that?
Sleepywritertalk might seem like a funny, tried to have a unique name but failed miserably, kinda name, but I assure you, its very well thought of and has a deep meaning. Now that I’ve fooled you with that, allow me to tell you that sleepywritertalk was named so, because I turn into a complete weirdo, who’s sleepy thoughts are what you read on my blog on a weekly (or so I say) basis. So technically this blog is a forum for me to post all my randomness that seemingly comes to me only when I’m sleepy J #Kthaaanx
- Which book are you reading right now? How would you feel if I told you the lead character dies in the end?
I am currently reading ‘Lamentation’ by CJ Sansom. It is one of the most gripping fictions I’ve ever read and I would highly recommend it to anyone who can get lost in the enchanting world that a good book creates for its readers. If I were told that the lead dies in the novel, I’d probably laugh it off to seem confident in my ability to figure out the ending, but I’d read the book extra quick just to make sure that my intuitions were right.
- What do you consider to be your most unusual talent?
Ooooooh!! I wish it was something sexy and racy but alas, it wasn’t meant to be. I think my most unusual talents are:
- Pretending that I know things when in actuality I’m a complete novice.
- Appearing confident when I’m extremely nervous and stressed.
- If you had to pick individual characters from different TV series to create a new mix-n-match TV sitcom, which characters would you choose?
It would be Daenerys Targaryen, from Game of Thrones (Forgive my spelling, the name is difficult to spell and even more so, to pronounce), Cersei Lannister, also from Game of Thrones, Jon Snow, you guessed it, Game of Thrones, Dorothy Zbornak, from The Golden Girls and Danny Desai, from Twisted. That would make a wicked TV series.
- If an alien civilization contacts you and says “Take me to your leader”, what would you do?
I would probably take them to Donald Trump. I mean, that’s a win-win situation right there. H ecould probably learn some Humanity and Leadership from them (that’s right, humanity from aliens, what has our world come to?) or if they wanted to learn something from him, they could use him to teach an off-shore, off planet, bigotry course. That would give the world enough time to fix themselves, before they wreck themselves.
Now it’s time for the fun (for me) part.
Given below, are a few nominees that I chose to nominate. All of them are absolutely wonderful. You guys do have the choice of not posting about the Liebster award and the nomination, in case it doesn’t quite fall in with the general style of the blog, but I still nominate you.
You may have realized that I haven’t given a description of their blogs or what I thought was awesome sauce about them. I’d like for you, yeah you, to go through their articles and figure out what you like best about their work.
Here are some of the questions, I’d like you’ll to answer:
- What is the number 1 thing on your bucket list? Why?
- Driving or Walking?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- Which 3 hashtags best describe yourself?
- If you were to wake up as Taylor Swift one morning, what would be the first thing you’d do?
- If you were to switch lives with anyone, who would it be?
- How long do you think you’d last without electricity?
- What is the most breathtaking sight you’ve ever seen? (Yes, seeing a baby, your S.O. on your wedding day etc. counts).
- Which is your favorite city? Why?
- Would you rather Freeze to Death or Burn to Death
- Which is your favorite season of the year? Why?
So there you have it!
Hope you’ll had as much fun reading it as I did, writing it.
I have just returned from my vacation, so do watch this space for some fun, vacay related posts
Hope you have a day as beautiful as you are.