Now, showering is something we all do regardless of age, sex, race etc. It is a basic human function that we try to do daily.
More often than not, while in the shower, our minds tend to wander to a different dimension of random incoherent thoughts that we would never consider during other regular daily functions.
The following are some of thoughts I have in the shower, and if you can relate, you can be my brother. “Welcome to the Friend zone.”
- Embarrassing moments from your past. Taking a shower is one of the few times we truly get to be alone. And it’s during these times that memories flood back. It’s our moment of introspection. A reflective moment. And that’s when embarrassing moments hit you. Hard. Like the time you made out with a friend of a friend who looked like a white walker. Showers — they’re awesome, but they leave us with a terrible, uncomfortable walk-of-shame like feeling in the end.
- Your future.As we reflect on our past, we can’t help but think about the future. We truly enjoy “forecasting” our future. Where we’ll be, how much we’ll be making, what we’ll be doing… Taking a shower and predicting our future is one of the things we do.
- Scary, scary things.Being the fearful creatures that we are, and fearing being alone in the bathroom (mirrors are freaky if you think about it), we tend to think about scary things. I mean, it’s probably when we are most vulnerable. We’re soapy, confined to a room with one entry point, and we have soap in our eyes.
- Witty responses to something someone said a long time ago.I don’t know about you, but there have been too many times where I have thought of the perfect response to a snarky comment…that happened two nights ago. Our brain works in funny ways.
- Worst-case scenarios.What if this happened…or this? Don’t think about slipping in the shower and hitting your head on the rim. For some reason, we think about some crazy things in the shower.
- Getting the love of your dreams.Planning out a way to somehow get that person of your dreams — or someone that you have a crush on, all of those scenarios that you play out, they all stem from a nice, hot shower. You don’t think of those on your couch while watching an episode of Game of Thrones. That just doesn’t happen. You’re too caught up with what’s going on in Tyrion Lannister’s mind to think about your crush.
- If a Mohawk would look good on you.Taking a solitary shower, gains you an entrance to your personalized Herbal Essences commercial. So you scoop up some shampoo, lather up and try to make a Mohawk feeling confident about your model like, chiseled face that can carry off a Mohawk with panache. However, unfortunately the answer is almost always no.
So there you have it, thoughts we have in the shower. If you can relate, like, follow or comment below to let me know coz if I’m the only one going through this, I may need to see a shrink!
Hope you have a day as amazing as you are